A Worlds-Eye View of Huntington Beach News and Sports - Curated and Globally Sourced

  • Yahoo! News
    A man wears a protective mask while biking on the mostly empty boardwalk in Huntington Beach on Thursday. (Allen J. Schaben / Los Angeles Times) Health officials on Tuesday reported Orange County's 15th coronavirus-related death, as the overall number of infections in the region swelled to 931. The Orange County Health Care Agency didn't ...
    Read Article
  • Orange County Register
    Virtual celebrations mark Passover, Easter, Ramadan during coronavirus pandemic Encouraging face coverings for grocery workers, other ‘essential’ employees serving the public Kareem Abdul-Jabbar delivers 1,800 goggles to health care workers In emotional debate, Huntington Beach council approves city employee raises Ducks talk about what-ifs ...
    Read Article
  • Patch
    On Tuesday, an additional 50 cases of coronavirus were reported across Orange County. 15 people have died as a result of the virus to date.
    Read Article
  • Patch on MSN.com
    On Tuesday, an additional 50 cases of coronavirus were reported across Orange County. 15 people have died as a result of the virus to date.
    Read Article
  • Orange County Register
    Despite concerns over a projected multi-million dollar loss in tax revenue due to the coronavirus crisis, the Huntington Beach City Council narrowly approved raises for 725 employees Monday night, April 6. The raises will total $5 million over the next three years. Council members argued passionately on both sides. Four said employees and first ...
    Read Article
  • Orange County Register
    A married couple were found shot dead inside a Huntington Beach home Monday night, police said. Though police did not reveal details about what led to their deaths, they do not believe there is a public safety threat. Just before 7:45 p.m. on Monday, officers were called about doing a welfare check at the couple’s home in the 600 block of 8th ...
    Read Article
  • Nation's Restaurant News
    The Huntington Beach, Calif.-based casual-dining brand also said that “in an effort to further preserve financial flexibility, the company suspended the payment of rent on leases for the month of April 2020.” Related: Restaurant companies like McDonald’s, Yum Brands, Shake Shack respond to coronavirus with closures, layoffs, other ...
    Read Article
  • Orange County Register
    Diego Boggio and Madisen McCarthy, of Huntington Beach, left for a week in Peru on March 9. Their itinerary included the Machu Picchu on March 14. Two days later, they learned the country closed its borders and getting back home would be an ordeal. (Photo courtesy of Madisen McCarthy) Huntington Beach husband and wife Michael Nestor and Diana ...
    Read Article
  • Orange County Register
    Actor Sean Penn’s nonprofit, Community Organized Relief Effort (CORE), and Matthew Abinante, a doctor of osteopathic medicine with Elevated Health in Huntington Beach, are offering two types of COVID-19 tests. In Westminster, the nasal swab test, which diagnoses active virus in patients and is in high demand nationwide, is available for $125.
    Read Article
  • Orange County Register
    How coronavirus is changing access to local government California remains under a stay-at-home order with exceptions for essential services, although hundreds of people turned out Saturday at Huntington Beach’s Dog Beach, where police officers were on hand to order visitors to stay at least 6 feet apart. “I’m shocked at the number of ...
    Read Article
  • Los Angeles Times
    Don’t kill anyone by refusing to exit the bubble. Re “Huntington Beach Union High School District extends campus closures to May,” (March 31): The article did not mention that regular teachers and full-time employees of the HBUHSD would continue to get paid during the high school campus closures that now have been extended through May 1.
    Read Article
  • Los Angeles Times on MSN.com
    Tankers and container vessels are a common sight for local residents from San Pedro south to Huntington Beach. During the past few weeks, however, some huge new silhouettes have joined the bulky freighter outlines visible from shore: full-size cruise ships biding time until they can resume sailing internationally. In the same way airlines have ...
    Read Article
  • Patch
    At the start of week 5 of the coronavirus shutdown, 51 cases were reported across Orange County, along with 14 total deaths.
    Read Article
  • Patch
    This is the downloadable pattern we used to make our masks. California remains under a stay-at-home order with exceptions for essential services, although hundreds of people turned out Saturday at Huntington Beach's Dog Beach, where police officers were on hand to order visitors to stay at least six feet apart. Are you making and wearing masks?
    Read Article
  • Orange County Register
    There is a 40% chance of showers Tuesday and a 60% chance on Wednesday, with rain chances continuing into Thursday. Highs Monday include 57 in San Clemente; 58 in Mission Viejo and Laguna Niguel; 59 in Newport Beach; 60 in Anaheim, Irvine and Huntington Beach; 61 in Santa Ana and Garden Grove.
    Read Article

Front page